Developer - Ubuntu MATE Team
Platform - Desktop
OS Family - Linux
Ubuntu MATE is an Ubuntu-based Linux operating system available free and open-source. It uses the same built-in system as Ubuntu, shares the same repository as Ubuntu in each package of Ubuntu MATE, and it is released regularly, similar to Ubuntu. The main difference between them is Ubuntu MATE uses the MATE desktop environment, while Ubuntu uses GNOME, which is why 'MATE' in their name means MATE software. Ubuntu MATE is easy to use with a configurable desktop environment, making it fast for modern computers and usable on older computers. It is suitable for those who want the most from their computer and prefer a traditional desktop metaphor. It is suitable for modern workstations, single board computers and older hardware.
Ubuntu Mate is an official flavor of Ubuntu.
Features of Ubuntu MATE
Some of the notable features of Ubuntu MATE are:
- All Linux features.
- MATE desktop environment.
- Useful apps are pre-installed, such as LibreOffice (Office software), Evolution (email client), Firefox (web browser), Rhythmbox (music player), Shotwell (photo organizer), Celluloid (media player).
- Classical user interface that is easy to understand.
- Mobile integration.
- Live session.
- Free and open source.
Ubuntu MATE Facts
- Ubuntu MATE is based on Ubuntu.
- In Ubuntu MATE, 'MATE' means the MATE desktop environment, in total it means Ubuntu with MATE desktop environment.
- Ubuntu MATE also supports older hardware, such as PowerPC and 32-bit CPUs.
Recent uploads in Ubuntu MATE
Ubuntu MATE 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa (April, 2020) 64-bit Official ISO Download4.4
Ubuntu MATE 19.10 Eoan Ermine (October 2019) 64-bit Official ISO download4.4
Ubuntu MATE 19.04 Disco Dingo (April 2019) 64-bit Official ISO download4.6
Ubuntu MATE 18.04.4 LTS Bionic Beaver (Feb 2020) 32-bit 64-bit Official ISO download4.4
Up to 1.93 GB